Date(s) - 03/15/2021 - 03/17/2021
The United Nations Association of Greater Boston’s Virtual Spring Institute in Global Leadership offers a 3-day Model UN program for students in grades 7-10 to explore the topic of climate change.
Throughout the program, students will learn about issues of climate change from a global perspective; engage in public speaking, negotiation, and team-building activities; and learn how to represent a diplomat in Model UN. The program will end with a full-day Model UN simulation on the topic of Climate Change.
This program is great for new-to-Model UN’ers as well as experienced Model UN’ers. For those who aren’t familiar with the program — in Model UN, students (or delegates, as we refer to them!) learn about a global issue and are assigned to a specific country. In a simulation that mirrors that of a United Nations committee meeting, students step into the role of diplomats and work together to address complex global issues. Students use parliamentary procedure to structure the debate and represent the perspective of their assigned country.
– Date: There are two spring break options:
- Wednesday, February 17, 2021 – Friday, February 19, 2021
- Monday, March 15, 2021 – Wednesday, March 17, 2021
– Time: 9:30am – 3:00pm EST each day. Please note: this is in Eastern Standard Time
– Who: Students in grades 7-10
– Where: This program is virtual!
– Cost: $345 per student
– Registration: Go to https://unagb.org/model-un/2021-spring-institute-in-global-leadership-climate-change/
– Refund Policy: Refunds are available up to three weeks before the program. Under three weeks from the program date, refunds are not available. Under the unlikely circumstance that less than 20 students register for the program, everyone will receive a full refund.
– Questions? Email email@example.com