Date(s) - 03/30/2023
7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Boston Red Sox Jimmy Fund Auditorium
Ready to be inspired by stories of people who have taken on the impossible?
No one has ever assembled a group of inspiring speakers quite like this! From the discovery of gravitational waves to the winner of the hottest Boston Marathon on record, we’ve got an amazing lineup of inspiring people with stories about redefining what was once considered impossible. How? Through the courageous actions of individuals and teams, people who have a special combination of grit to persevere through a challenge, and the gumption to take it on in the first place.
Come ready to be inspired!
Event Name: Grit and Gumption Gathering
Date & Time: Thursday, March 30th, 2023; event 7-9pm; doors open at 6:30pm
Venue: Boston Red Sox Jimmy Fund Auditorium – 35 Binney St., Boston, MA 02115
Parking: Yawkey Center Parking Garage – 44 Jimmy Fund Way, Boston, MA 02115 (right across the street from the Jimmy Fund Auditorium)
Description: “TED-style” event of inspirational speakers on wide-ranging topics, from space exploration to innovation to breakthrough medical research. Each talk will be 15 minutes.
The Cause: 100% of proceeds from ticketing will go towards the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge for the 2023 Boston Marathon, supporting early stage cancer research.
- Marcia Bartusiak — Science writer, author of seven books on astronomy and physics, Professor of the Practice Emeritus in the Graduate Program in Science Writing at MIT
- Jack Fultz — Winner of 1976 Boston Marathon, Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge Running Coach
- Dr. Michael Johnson — Astrophysicist at the Harvard & Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, Project Scientist of the Next Generation Event Horizon Telescope
- Dan Seewald — Founder and CEO of Deliberate Innovation, recognized TED Talk Keynote Speaker, moderator, author and entrepreneur; former Head of Worldwide Innovation at Pfizer
- Dr. Rosalind Segal — Director of the PhD program in Neuroscience at Harvard and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Principal Investigator where she heads the Segal Lab exploring the intersection of developmental neurobiology and cancer biology